Study Employment Equity Training online through elearningskills.co.za
The Employment Equity Act requires that designated employers design and implement an Employment Equity plan in order to comply around employment equity.
Employment Equity Committee Training course is essential if you want to avoid your company being fined up to 10% of your annual turnover for not complying with the Employment Equity Act. This Equity Committee Training course programme enables managers and consultation forums to work together effectively to ensure a constructive business transformation process.
The Equity Committee Training course ensures that Employment Equity Committees understand their role and function. The Equity Committee Training course looks at the legal reporting requirements of organisations as per affirmative action reports.
In this half-day Employment Equity course you will develop an understanding of the Employment Equity Act, focusing on its content, application and interpretation thereof. We’ll take you through all the aspects involved in your employment equity submission, from preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting to avoid substantial penalties for your business.
Most of us are familiar or recognise the meaning of the terms equity, unfair discrimination and transformation, but the question remains, how do you in fact comply within this scope? The Equity Committee Training course will assist with this.
The Employment Equity Act requires that designated employers design and implement an Employment Equity plan in order to achieve reasonable advancement in employment equity. In the Equity Committee Training course we will look how the plans will also assist in curbing unfair discrimination in the workplace, and to achieve equitable representation of employees from designated groups. Businesses are expected to comply and meet targets and are subjected to penalties which according to the new amendment to the Employment Equity Act will target the turnover and force non-compliant businesses to close their doors and result in more unemployment and economic downturn.
By attending this Equity Committee Training course you will be equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge to head back to your workplace and be confident in the processes in relation to Employment Equity procedures.
What you’ll learn:
1.ABOUT EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
- ABOUT EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
- PURPOSE OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
- PURPOSE OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY LEGISLATION.
- EMPLOYEES REPORING
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T REPORT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR?
2. EMPLOYMENT EQUITY STRATEGY.
- EMPLOYMENT EQUITY STRATEGY.
- EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PLANNING.
- DEVELOPING AN EMPLOYMENT EQUITY STRATEGY.
- INFORMATION INCLUDED IN AN EMPLOYMENT EQUITY STRATEGY.
3. CODES OF GOOD PRACTICE.
- PURPOSE OF THE CODES OF GOOD PRACTICE.
4. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.
- AIM OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.
- WHAT DOES AN EMPLOYER NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO COMPLY?
- WHAT ELSE IS EXPECTED FROM AN EMPLOYER?
5. BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT.
- BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT.
- B-BEE OBJECTIVES.
- B-BEE CODES AND SCORECARDS.
- UNFAIR DISCRIMINATION.
- STEPS TO TAKE WHEN UNFAIR DISCRIMINATION TAKES PLACE.
7. RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS.
- RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS.
- DISCRIMINATION AND THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY.
- DIRECT AND INDIRECT DISCRIMINATION.
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAIR AND UNFAIR DISCRIMINATION.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION MEASURES.
- INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
- MEDICAL TESTING.
- PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING.
- PRIVACY DURING AN INTERVIEW.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION CAN AFFECT SKILLS SHORTAGE?
- SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
8. EMPLOYMENT EQUITY COMMITTEE / FORUM.
- EMPLOYMENT EQUITY COMMITEE/FORUM
- EMPLOYMENT EQUITY MANAGERS.
- CRITICAL INTERVENTIONS NEEDED FOR THE EE COMMITTEE.
- SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY COMMITEE/FORUM.
- OBJECTIVES FOR THE COMMITEE/FORUM.
9. EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PLAN.
- GENERAL EQUITY PLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
- HOW IS AN EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PLAN DRAWN UP?
10. EMPLOYMENT EQUITY REPORT.
- EMPLOYMENT EQUITY REPORT.
- FORM EEA 2 Employment Equity Report
- FORM EEA 4 Income Differential Statement
- OTHER EMPLOYMENT EQUITY FORMS.
11. COMMUNICATION DURING MEETINGS.
- COMMUNICATION DURING MEETINGS.
- THE MEETINGS OBJECTIVE.
- USE TIME WISELY.
- SATISFYING PARTICIPANTSTHAT A SENSIBLE PROCESS HAS BEEN FOLLOWED.
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY COMMITTEE